Monday, June 02, 2014

Jet-lag almost gone

I got here to East London (EL) South Africa (ZA) on Saturday, landing in Johannesburg on Friday, leaving the sun of California behind me and spending about 24 hours in planes and airports.
My transport over the Atlantic from Atlanta, a 14hour flight

















I had a nice couple from Tuscon AZ sitting next to me, who were on their way Namibia for a safari.
We talked for a bit and then retreated to our respective headsets and movies.
Halfway over the Atlantic the sun started to light up the sky

















On Saturday morning, after staying over night at a nice little guesthouse near the airport, I made my way to the final destination via Kulula Air. At first we boarded the plane, and everyone was seated until we were told that there is something wrong with the electrical system, and we have to change planes. They put as on a bus and drove to the next airplane.
A little excitement never hurts anyone

















After arriving in EL, late, Bernd picked me up, and I met our charge for the next few weeks.
Rassie, loves to run after the birds on the beach

















Today Bernd took me to the beach for Rassie's daily walk

















This is a very nice place, and all I am missing now is for Patricia to get here in a few days, and, of course, I would love to have Gavin and Banjo here too.

1 comment:

  1. Time for me to bring out my atlas... I will try to keep up with you, but you move around a lot! Happy for your safe landing, and hoping the same for Patricia!

    ReplyDelete