Sunday, June 02, 2013

San Miguel de Allende

I just loved this town.  The most I have seen of Mexico until now was the Northwest Coast of Baja as far down as Ensenada. While I liked it, San Miguel is so different, and I was pleasantly surprised.
Here are some of the pictures I took. You can also see more on my Google+.
Don showing me the city.

The big one, the main Cathedral 

Me holding up a building


There are a thousand shops and market stalls. 

All the streets are narrow, and you could eat off them.

Cobblestone everywhere; wear good shoes when you visit.

There is no shortage of churches 

A great setting for a town






































































Choice of transport for lots of people

Dancing exercise in the main square one afternoon

Don & I sharing a very thin crust pizza








































Everything is very clean and colorful but not cheap. The rents seem to be very good, but everything that tourists want is expensive, about the same as we pay here in the US for hotels, food, souvenirs and guided tours, for example. Still, it is a place I will gladly go back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment